PEA SOUP RECIPES
Mediterranean pea soup
Most people have allergies to peanuts, but if processed properly it will become your healthy menu. Especially if it's not pea soup which has high nutrition and is very suitable for growth. Because there are many preparations such as jamaica pea soup, dried pea soup, green pea soup, pea soup mint, and many more.
For this time I will share a pea soup that is simple and easy for you to make at home, curious about what ingredients are needed and cooking instructions, see the article below.
Related Japanese Chicken Recipe
MEDITERRANEAN PEA SOUP
- green peas (200 g, dry weight)
- to soak:
- water (1 liter), salt, Aceto balsamico (3 tablespoons)
- pizza tomatoes (1 can = 400 g)
- shallots (2)
- clove of garlic (1)
- soup green (one small piece each):
- carrot, celeriac, leek
- parsley (2 stalks)
- thyme * (2 stalks)
- kaffir lime leaves ** (2 pieces)
- water (1 liter)
- Aceto balsamic vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- sherry medium dry (2 tablespoons)
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, soy sauce
- olive oil to sweat
- Wash the peas and soak them in the Aceto salt water for at least six hours.
- peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Wash the carrot and celery root, peel if necessary and grate with the coarse side of the vegetable slicer.
- Wash the leek and cut into fine strips.
- Flatten the clove of garlic with a knife and remove the shell.
- finely chop the parsley. the stalks go into the pot together with the peas, the leaves are folded in shortly before serving.
- Sweat the shallots in a little olive oil until they start to brown.
- then add the leek strips, the parsley stalks, and the garlic clove and sweat them briefly.
- Deglaze with the pizza tomatoes, the water, the sherry, a splash of soy sauce and the balsamic vinegar.
- then put the peas, the coffee lime leaves, the thyme and a pinch of salt in the pot.
- then the soup is allowed to simmer for 60-90 minutes - depending on the desired firmness - over medium heat.
- about ten minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the thyme, the clove of garlic and the coffee lime leaves and add the carrot and celeriac.
- now you can season the soup to taste and serve.
* the picture does not show thyme, but rosemary. the two species not only taste similar, they are also related to each other.
** Dried kaffir lime leaves are available in Asian shops. I used them instead of lemon zest.