The rice recipes below can easily be served as a side dish to the main course. Serve these rice recipes for your next dinner, get-together, or barbecue
Takes about 35 minutes to make
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (18 ounces) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1.5 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1.5 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- For these rice recipes, start off by first adding the oil to a saucepan.
- Place over medium to high heat. Add in the onion, and garlic, and cook until the vegetables become tender.
- Add in the broth and water. Stir. Then add in the rice, pepper, and rosemary.
- Bring contents to a boil. Lower the heat, and cover the saucepan with the lid.
- Simmer contents for 15 to 20 minutes. Check that rice is tender before removing it.
- When ready, mix in the shredded parmesan cheese. Blend contents well.
- Transfer to a serving dish, or serving plates. Enjoy!