Japan, which has advanced technology, has become a prima donna country to visit, not only about its industry but also their traditional culture. One of the cultures that have become their hallmark and have been worldwide is culinary. And what I will share in this article is Japanese chicken, because in the process of making it simple and can be done by everyone.
Actually a lot of processed chicken from Japan such as chicken karaage, grilled yakitori, japanese fried chicken, panko fried chicken, togarashi chicken, and many more. Curious about what processed chicken from Japan will I share? Follow the article below.
1. Japanese Karaage Recipe
kw : chicken karaage
Super yummy, crispy, juicy Japanese fried chicken pieces.
Recipe Category: With meat
- For the karaage
- 400g chicken (ideally loosened chicken legs with skin)
- 5 cloves of grated garlic
- ½cm grated ginger tuber
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons potato starch
- freshly ground black pepper
- For deep-frying
- 1L sunflower oil
- As a set
- Japanese mayonnaise (e.g. Kewpie)
- Nanami Togarashi or Shichimi Togarashi (seven-spice chili pepper)
- fine sea salt
Preparation For Chicken Karaage
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and mix well with all the ingredients for the karaage, except the potato starch, in a bowl and leave to marinate for at least 60 minutes.
- Then add the potato starch and mix everything well again. The potato starch does not necessarily have to be evenly distributed.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan to 160-170 ° C and fry about 5-7 pieces of chicken in portions for about 5 minutes, turning several times until golden brown. Then transfer to kitchen paper to drain.
- (Alternatively, pre-fry the chicken pieces in the pot at 160-170 ° C for approx. 90 seconds until they are already slightly golden yellow. Then put them on kitchen paper to drain. When all the chicken pieces are pre-fried, heat the oil to 180 ° C and add the chicken pieces again for approx. Fry 1-2 minutes until golden and crispy.)
- Serve with mayonnaise and a mixture of salt and Nanami Tōgarashi.
- The karaage can also be prepared well and eaten cold or simply reheated for a short time.
Chicken teriyaki involves marinating and cooking chicken in teriyaki sauce, which gives it its flavor, but also a colorful and lacquered exterior.
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients Japanese Teriyaki Chicken
- 500 g chicken thighs (boneless)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of white sesame seeds
Instructions Authentic Japanese Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- Combine soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a large, shallow container. Place the chicken thighs, cover and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add the chicken and cook on one side for about 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, then pour in the marinade.
- Reduce sauce until thick (about half the original volume) and chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, then drizzle with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds and serve with white rice.
3.Panko Fried Chicken
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup of Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 cup of oil for frying (or more if necessary)
Preparation Steps Japanese Panko Chicken
- Preparation: 10min Cooking: 10min Ready in: 20min
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour on a plate. Place the egg in a 2nd plate and the Japanese breadcrumbs in a 3rd.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour plate. Then dip them in the beaten egg and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil for 6 minutes in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the pieces are golden brown.
Those are some Japanese chicken which in my opinion is a dish worth trying at home. You can make it as one of the chicken recipes menu, if there are ingredients and cooking processes that are lacking, please give your questions in the comments, and have a good try.