Spanish chicken and ham
Back to chicken recipes
Spanish chicken and Mediterranean ham
Ingredients for Spanish Chicken
- 4 lbs of chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chapped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of red or white wine
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 lb boiled ham, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
How To Cook
- Soak the clay pot in cold water for 10 minutes. Place the chicken in the pot, season with salt and pepper and add the onion, garlic and wine. Cover and place in a cold oven.
- Adjust the heat to 450f and cook for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the eggplant into thick slices and then into small cubes.
- Place the cubes on a metal cake baking rack and sprinkle with two teaspoons of salt.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to drain off the bitter juice.
- Heat the oil and brown the eggplant until lightly browned. Add zucchini and peppers and sauté until softened. Add these ingredients and the tomatoes, ham, tomato sauce and bay leaf to the chicken in the pot.
- Cover and cook for another 40 minutes.