Chicken & Sausage In Tomato Sauce Recipes
|Chicken & Sausage In Tomato Sauce|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ea lg cloves garlic, coarse chop
- 2 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 4 ea chicken legs
- 4 ea chicken thighs
- 56 oz (2 cns) tomatoes
- 6 oz (1 can) tomato paste
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 chopped fresh parsley
How To Make Chicken & Sausage In Tomato Sauce
- Heat Oil in a large heavy skillet. Add the garlic and saute until lightly golden. Remove the garlic and reserve. Prick the sausages in several places and then sear them in the hot oil. Remove and set aside, covered.
- Brown chicken well on all sides in the same skillet. Remove and set aside, covered.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the drippings into a large Dutch oven or casserole. Discard remaining drippings or save them for another use.
- Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add them, with their juice, to the drippings. Add the tomato paste, salt, freshly ground pepper, basil, and reserved garlic. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add the chicken, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the skillet with the wine. Stir wine into the sauce and simmer for a final 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with pasta and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.